SPRINGSTEAD ATHLETICS MISSION
The Springstead High School athletic department will create and foster an environment that provides opportunities for student-athletes to enrich their high school experience through participation in athletics. All the while safeguarding their physical welfare in an environment that promotes both high academic standards, competitiveness at the county, district and state levels as well as the development of leadership capabilities. We are dedicated to providing opportunities, which will enhance the intellectual, physical, social, moral and cultural development of the whole person. While conducting all activities with honesty and integrity in accordance with the principles of good sportsmanship, ethical conduct and the rules and regulations of the Hernando County School District and the FHSAA.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To conduct a program that achieves a high level of interest, school pride and support from the student body, faculty, alumni, local community and other segments of the community.
- To employ an athletic staff of integrity, knowledge, skills and leadership qualities that enable programs of mental, moral, and physical benefit to student-athletes.
- To provide student-athletes with adequate practice and competition facilities and equipment as well as proper medical supervision.
- To provide student-athletes with support systems to promote academic success, on-time graduation as well as academic and athletic advancement.
- To provide successful competitive athletic opportunities at the county, district and state levels.
GOALS OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To run a program that is in complete compliance with HCSD & FHSAA rules and regulations.
- To support the educational success of student-athletes.
- To continue strengthening the relationship between the high school and the local community
- To encourage alumni interest and support.
- To provide those student-athletes interested in advancing their academic and athletic careers beyond high school, the resources and guidance to do so.
- To enhance community within the general Springstead High School student body, faculty and staff.
- To enhance participation within the Springstead High School student body, faculty and staff.
- To coach the whole student-athlete, stressing the importance of respect, teamwork, perseverance, character, integrity, hard work and commitment.
- To encourage student-athletes to be leaders in the classroom, on campus, on the field and in the community. Be “picker uppers, not passer byers”.
- To provide information and exposure for all sports to the media.
Athletic Director: Dustin Kupcik
3300 Mariner Blvd
Spring Hill, FL 34609
352-797-7010 Ext. 230